
I don't know about anyone else but I felt that General Conference came at the perfect time and was exactly what I needed. I always heard my seminary or institute teachers telling me if I had any questions/concerns in life at the time that before General Conference write them down, pray about em, and they'll be answered sometime during the 2 days. Well I had never done it before (too lazy), but I did have a few questions/concerns on my mind and I wrote them down and said a prayer before Conference began and each and every question/concern was answered one way or another AND MORE!! My Testimony was strengthened so much this passed weekend. What incredible men and women we have at the head of our Church. I could not be more thankful for the Gospel in my life right now. I set some personal goals for myself, Enoch and I set some as a couple, and we set some as a family. I'm gonna try my hardest to do my part in these goals whether they be simple or more complicated. I've been scared, confused, frustrated with everything that has been going on with the economy right now. Obviously "It's signs of the times" General Conference made me feel comforted. I know that if I'm prepared for whatever is thrown at me, everything will be fine. I need to get myself prepared physically, mentally, financially, and spiritually. I'M GONNA DO IT! :)
It was an awesome weekend to hang out with my husband and kids and watch it as a family. I felt the spirit so much. The music was incredible. Didn't you think that that Children's Choir on Saturday when they sang "I am a Child of God" and "We Thank Thee oh God for a Prophet" were so tender? I could not stop crying. Some of my favorite talks were about "Hope", "Being a Virtuous Woman", "It was really hard", etc. How cool is it that President Monson announced 5 new temples? I'm excited to see the Rome, Italy one! President Monson is an incredible Prophet. I'm so thankful for his sacrifices and service. I sustain him 100%. I'm sad it's over. I can't wait to get the Ensign to read over the talks again and again!
15 comments:
It was an awesome conference. I didn't get to watch as much as I would like too, but I'm glad I was able to hear some of it. I get so sad when its over too! :)
Seriously Jobi!! I was telling Josh this very same thing! I felt it so strongly it kinda scared me! haha..
I love General Conference. The Talks were amazing.
Me too!! I think I loved this conference more than any I've watched in the past. Maybe just because I'm older and can appreciate more. I don't know. But there was something so sustaining in this conference. The spirit was so completely tangible. I really, really wish it weren't over! Can't wait for the Ensign. And can't wait for April!!
JOBI!! You are so sweet!! I feel your spirit through your testimony! Thanks for sharing it with us! Love and miss you!
DITTO!!! I was exactly the same this conference. It's super hard to watch without distractions with little ones, but I think it's still what we are supposed to be doing. I learned sooooo much. Love ya!
It was a wonderful conference and I agree with you about the Primary choir--so sweet.
i totally agree! i love conference! i can't wait to read them either..especially the talks that were harder to listen to bc of my screaming, happy boys :)
Seriously...I couldn't agree more! I am so sad that conference is over. I wish it was more than twice a year. The talks were so amazing, and always leave you wanting to be better. That's what life's all about right?!
Great post! I too can't wait for the Ensign to come out. I can't remember who said it, but I loved the comment, "Life is hard. The gospel is not hard." How true that is! As I reflect over the last several years it's truly amazing how "hard" life was when I wasn't living the gospel and how awesome it is now!
I agree with you girl. I'm so proud of you and the amazing, beautiful, talented, young woman that you are. I get warm fuzzies all over when I think about you and your little family. You deserve the best Jobes.
I couldnt agree with you more Jobi! You are so awesome, thanks for your example! You and your husband are awesome people!
You're so awesome, Jobi. You don't have to wait for the Ensign; you can watch all the talks online at lds.org
I always enjoy conference.. it's always around my birthday, and I think it's a special treat!
Amen, Jobi!
My seminary teacher told me that same thing and it totally works. It is so awesome. Conference was so good. I loved it too. You are so cute Jobi.
Post a Comment