When should I begin?? 03.02.09
Well, the other day I was about to get the boys in the bath tub, so I had their diapers off them and was letting them run around, etc and Jett said to me, "Mommy, I have to go pee pee.." So I pulled out his toilet he got for Christmas and put him on it, and sure enough, he went potty!! I was THRILLED. I HAD to capture the moment, don't kid yourself!

I hear different things about potty training, what has worked for you? Jett will be 3 in August. Should I wait? I hear boys are harder to potty train than girls? Or should I just go for it and assume he's ready? Any Tips?

18 comments:

The Keala's said...

SO stinkin cute!! Only MOMS would think pictutes of children on the potty precious!! :) I say don't push it, he'll do it when he's ready. I agree with everyone saying boys are hardered than girls, Lacie girl is already potty trained. Kaluna goes every once in a while and I have a treat bowl that he chooses from when he goes potty, just to enforce that going on the potty is a GREAT thing. But I do not force him or get mad. Sounds like Jett is ready, I'm sure there will be a lot of accidents along the way but at least he's on his way... Good Luck!!

the militonis said...

that is such a cute picture! i have like 20 of ones just like it! but as far as potty training goes, we started emma before she was two and she was only interested for the first 2 weeks then she ignored it for a long time. she has been potty trained for 4 months now,but we just let her take it at her pace until we knew for sure that she understood the concept and was just being lazy....it only took a week or two of promptings from us to get her completely done....although the accidents are so not fun...try letting him pick out some new underwear, emma loved that...good luck

Mar and Koki said...

I am way to lazy to do the potty-training thing. One minute Isaac wants to the next minute he doesn't. He'll go pee just not the other. I say have fun exploring but I'm not having any part of it until I see you poop in that toilet! LOL.

mckenna said...

Payson has been a nightmare. So I don't believe the boys vs girls thing. So if you get any good advice, PASS IT ALONG!!

Andrea Migliaccio said...

Ok I'm so so jealous of your cruise!
So sorry you got sick!
Atleast you know what to do for next time!
And how funny you went ot the Basketball game! I love that you still have Cavemen pride!
And for potty training I do not hink either gender is harder than the other- BOTH are way hard!
My son did so much better than my daughter! He was potty trained 4 months before he turned 3.
I would definately start now. The sooner you don't have to waste money on diapers the better right?!
If he's saying he needs to go he's definately ready which is the #1 key!
Good Luck!
xOxOxO

Kings said...

yeah! go for it. not like i have any great advice but i did hear if they are asking about it...that is the best time...so i'm sure you won't have too many troubles :)

Kara's Party Ideas said...

how cute that you got a pic of it :). hehe! both my boys love going potty on their little toilets but i've never pushed it..they still aren't potty trained. but i've been told that if you just 'let them' train themselves in a way that it's a lot easier. so i haven't forced it. i dunno though! :)
and your cruise looked awesome!!! i'm so sorry you got sea sick! that's awful! that never happens to me, i feel bad that i didn't warn you b4 you went though..i should have cuz i have friends who have had to get the doc patch etc. :(

weasel said...

O has been potty training since she was 16 months old...not to say that has been a constant thing of course! She is so freaking sneaky...she knows if she goes potty she gets a piece of candy or a popsicle - so she says "go potty - piece of candy!" Only when she wants to have a treat will she say she wants to go on the potty. I ask her all the time, even put her on there...she screams at me if it's not her idea! So I am being lazy and not trying very hard at all...diapers are more convient!

RiCe _FaMiLy said...

GO FOR IT!! If he is showing signs that he is ready, jump on it. That's exciting! It has been so nice having Jaxon potty trined. I think they should come that way! Ha ha

Rheanna said...

I've got this book that you can borrow. It's a little out dated, but I did it with Hyrum (at almost 3 1/2) and Payton (just after she turned 2). Hyrum was completely trained night and day after less than a week. Payton was dry night and day after a few days, but the #2 took a bit more work for her (if you know what I mean :o). Anyway, for me-it's been a lifesaver!

Tiffini said...

Brightyn is doing the same thing so I think its the age. I'm not forcing him to do it until this summer. My plan is to potty train Brightyn and Hayden at the same time. Hayden is starting already to sit on his potty by himself. But I've heard boys are a lot harder and later. This summer I'm just planning on taking thier potty outside putting on big boy undies and letting them play and then every 15minutes have them come sit on the potty. We'll see how it really works though.

jodi kay said...

If you do it too early then you're the one that's getting trained. Just feel it out for a few days. Ask him if he has to go again every once in a while. If he is really interested then go for it. If you aren't in a hurry to get in done right now then wait a month or so and try it again.

Lachelle said...

Jobi! You're freakin cute little boys my goodness! I SAY GO FOR IT!! POTTY TRAIN THE STUD!! Haha since I would know so much and everything about potty trianing right? HAHA! Well I found you on Loni and Tashas blogs so i'm now going to add you to my blogging list! :)

Ruth Done said...

Jack was 3.5 years and it was a breeze! I may have waited too long, but it made things sooooo much easier!

Jon and Julie Melton said...

Poo Poo head

Jon and Julie Melton said...

big heaaaaaaaaaad

Nau Willis said...

hey jobi!!!
hmmmm lets see I know for sure Preston was at least in pull ups until he was three. I was wiping his but til almost 4 because he couldnt go to pre-school without wiping himself.
Lets see, I had a candy container all decorated and when he went he got a treat from it.
I did the potty (wayne hates that word) chair in front of the tv. that didnt work too long...I just say take a deep breath when he is ready he will definately get...it just happens! Good Luck!!

Staci Davies said...

Good luck! I am not going to give you any tips...a: it took me a long time, and b: no experience with boys. Sorry