On Wednesday night, my Dad's best friend (who is like an uncle to me) there was a surprise 50th birthday party at my parent's house. It had been a long day, I had done hair, my back hurt, I was WORN OUT!! But, I had to help set up for this birthday party because everyone else was busy or at work, etc. So I was happy to help out. I arrived at my parent's at about 4:30 PM and I took in a few loads to the house (crock pot, my boys, change of clothes, my hair stuff, etc) the last thing I had to go get was my purse with my keys in it. Well I got distracted and started cleaning, cooking, decorating.. before I knew it the party was over it was 11:30 and Enoch had loaded up the boys in the SUV and everything else. I went out there and looked for my keys/purse... IT WAS GONE!! I was like, "Enoch, you hid it. You're just tryin to make me learn my lesson for leaving my keys, purse, wallet in the car unlocked huh?" He said, "NO, why would I joke about something like this? I'm so tired, it's FREEZING! I'm NOT kidding!" Well.. we came to the conclusion that my purse was stolen!
I was freaking out! My purse had my wallet in it with my debit card, credit card, cosmetology license, temple recommends, $35 cash, my check book, PRETTY MUCH YOU NAME IT! It had my digital camera in it with 1000 pics from 2009. 2 cute knitted headbands. MY KEYS which had my only key to my SUV, a key to my parent's house, a key to my church, etc. I WAS SO MAD AT MYSELF!! WHAT A DORK AM I??? I called the police obviously and filed report. We were all lookin for the purse around the neighborhood, in the bushes, etc. I was SO WORRIED my identity was stolen! I was SOOO SCREWED! We cancelled the cards, put a freeze on our account, etc. I was freakin out about my camera. They had my address. AHHHH! Enoch and I went home that night and I was of course BAWLING. We were praying for comfort and safety n stuff. I was scared.
The next day we went back to my parent's house to get everything situated with my SUV, call a tow truck to come get it and take it to a Chrysler dealership to get a$180 key made. My parent's were taking off the locks on their house to go get new ones made. Come to find out their next door neighbors had been robbed that previous night as well and had $100 cash stolen. There was muddy foot prints in their front room. My brother's car was parked where he lives in American Fork and his car back window and been broken into and his back pack and temple bag were stolen.
Come to find out, the neighbors across the street from my parent's house found my purse dumped out in their back yard and had turned it in. They didn't know who I was. I called the police station and went in and they questioned me, took pics of my purse, etc. GUESS WHAT?!? Everything was there EXCEPT my $35 cash!!! I GOT SOOOOOOOOOOOO LUCKY!! My keys, my wallet, my camera... AHHH! WHAT A BLESSING! I got so lucky! They could have stolen my car, pawned off my camera, broke into my church, broken into my parents house.. YOU NAME IT! I'm SOOO thankful that just that cash was taken.
COMMON IT'S CHRISTMAS PEOPLE!!! I mean.. I learned my lesson n everything.. but GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!!
26 comments:
I am SOOO glad you found your stuff. Shilo mentioned the situation to me and I've been wooried for you. BTW when can we come visit you? ;)
Scary! Glad you got almost everything back!
wow! i can't believe that! thats amazing that you got it all back (for the most part) :)
How scary and lucky! I remember when someone broke into my car... its just the worst feeling to feel so violated and invaded. I didn't have so much personal and important stuff in my car though at that time, so I am sure it was so much worse for you. Glad that it turned out alright, considering!
Oh my gosh! What a crazy story....luckily all it is now is a story and not something you are still in the middle of. Seriously, the worst feeling ever when you feel like your whole life has been taken I'm sure. I'm SO glad you found everything. Makes you wonder what you should really be putting in your purse! Merry Christmas!
Oh Jobi! I'm so glad it worked out with a happy ending. Or somewhat happy ending! It could have been so much worse. What a blessing! It really sucks to have your identity stolen and feel violated!
Oh my....you are soooo lucky!! Amazing that they didn't steal anything else. It was so good to see you at church today. You are a BEAUTIFUL with your little pregnant belly:-)
hahaha. You are a nerd for leaving you door open with your purse and keys and EVERYTHING sitting there. But I am happy they only took the money. Love you!
what a blessing is right! I'm so glad you got your stuff back. that could have been really scary!
Wow!
I am glad to hear the ending to the story. And even more glad that all that was taken was the cash.
I guess all they were after was cash...
That is crazy! You were truly blessed on the outcome of that.
wow seriously you are sooo sooo lucky!! Wow someone must've been totally desperate for cash??...huh that's weird they didn't take your camera? Anywho I'm glad you got everything back!!
Kind of sad that someone thinks they need money that badly...sometimes I think maybe they need it more than me if they go to that much trouble...but apparently not smart enough to go for the real valuable things - lucky for you...well, probably not as much luck as a blessing! I'm so happy for you that you got all your stuff back! I think the sadest thing was when I heard you lost your camera w so many pictures - that would have been tragic!
uhhggg... I lost my wallet before. It's sooo stressful!! Im so glad you found it! It is such a pain having to replace everything!! Some people... I swear!!!
Sounds like you are living in San Bernardino.
I'm still so happy for you! What a relief.
you are so lucky!! I am glad everything turned out ok for you.....Merry Christmas:)
OH WOW!! How scary!! I'm SO GLAD you had all that other stuff left behind! Seriously!! I know what a HASSLE it is to redo your life after your purse gets stolen!! I'm so glad you are all ok!! Love you guys!! Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
I am sooo happy that you got everythhing back!!:) I cant relate to this situation because I lose everything so I try not to take what i dont need if I dont need it!!LOL!! I hope you guys are having a merry holiday though!!:)
I'm so glad all they took was your cash! It could have been much worse! That is just sooo scary! Have they caught these punks yet?
So did you have a good CHristmas at least after the big scare!?!? Its so stinkin fun with little kids! Better than I ever rememeber!!
Ah how crazy!! You think that in little ol' Utah County nothing like that will happen! LoL So glad it all worked out in your favor!!
What a nice Christmas miracle.
wow! YOu are a lucky girl! I am so glad you found your purse with everything in it (almost)...such a huge blessing! That is the worst feeling!
Hey Jobi Its Kelc! Your kids are SO darling! My blog addres is bryceandkelc.blogspot.com
That's so scary! Poor you... I would have been so stressed had that happened to me.
How lucky though that it was only the money that got taken... sounds like kids to me.... they wanted the quick reward and couldn't be bothered with the rest!!
Hard and scary lesson to learn though.
Stella x
(friend of Ben and Jayni from UK)
Post a Comment