Mixed Feelings-04.26.09
Enoch and I are officially released from NURSERY! Ever since we've been in this ward, we've been in nursery. Enoch's never gone to Priesthood and I've never been to Relief Society. So it's going to be a HUGE change. I LOVE my nursery class. I'm really sad to leave them, but 14 months in that calling is a LONG TIME! Jett and Bryton will not stay in there without us. It's so annoying. They're so used to having us in there.
Bryton is a STINKER POT! He's mean. It's embarrassing at times. He's way bigger than anyone his age. Our ward has 2 nursery's. One nursery is for kids turning 2 this year and the other nursery is for kids turning 3 this year(the one we just got released from) Bryton is supposed to be in the younger one, but he seriously beats all the kids up and hits them with toys, picks fights, doesn't share, etc. So we usually just took him into our nursery and he would usually do the same thing in there to the 3 YEAR OLDS, but at least we were in there to discipline him.
Enoch and I feel we can't even go to class cause we worry about Jett being a cry baby (crying for his Dad, TOTAL Daddy's boy) and Bryton beating everyone up!! What do we do? Mixed feelings. I totally need a change, I'm the Enrichment Leader also, and I need to be around the women in the ward to get a feel for what activities need to be done, etc. Enoch needs to meet men in the ward, and go to Priesthood... When we were in the Tongan ward, it was a little more common for kids to roughin each other up.. but NOT in this ward! I've had parent's be offended if their kids get hurt in ANY way, shape, or form.. I'm the kind of parent that if my boys get hit or pushed.. whatever.. it's their age. Obiously I'm NOT cool with BITING or anything to that extent. Even at McDonald's play place THIS lil Monster is EMBARRASSING. I'm always apologizing!

Sometimes, I just want to stay in nursery forever, not to protect my boys...but to protect everyone else from Bryton Jon! ha ha. Plus, I'm so comfortable with my class and they're comfortable with me. I'm going to miss them. :[ :[ But, I'm sure I'll be in there a few times here and there...

18 comments:

Cheryl said...

Thats awesome that you will be in RS. I am sure your boys will get used to you not being there, but you have to give them time. Conner was so hard to take to nursery because he would cry the second he realized I was gone.

I don't have any advice on the "bully" situation because Conner is so not that way (thank goodness). I am really sorry. Bryton will eventually learn that its not polite to hit, but he has to get older to understand. It will get easier.

Good luck!!

Rheanna said...

You've been so wonderful in nursery, especially for sticking it out for 14 months! Payton absolutely adores you and we feel so blessed that she got to spend a year with you in nursery.
You're awesome and I'me xcited to see you in RS. Don't worry about the bullying, all kids go through some sort of stage like that!

mckenna said...

Ugh! Jack's going through a similar phase! Payson did it around the time Jack was born, too. It was SO MISERABLE!! She would hit and scratch (and draw blood!). I hated it! I loved her, but I would cry on the phone to my mom about how I didn't like her! It was so sad. But we just stuck with disciplining her and she grew out of it completely. I'm sure Jack and Bryton both will too. Just stick with it! Good luck! Love ya!

Jon and Tasha Fam said...

LOL Bryton is a funny kid. I am so excited you finally are released!!! YAY you should go back tp the Tongan ward Bryton will fit right in..... Ha Ha Ha

amberandlandon said...

Landon and I were in the nursery for over a year in our old ward with 15 kids...1 set of triplets and twins, it was crazy! But really fun. :) Good luck with your boys!

Hayward Family said...

WOW! What a bitter sweet time! I am also in nursery, and seriously.. Cy freaks out when I leave for like 2 mins for ANYTHING!! It will be interesting if or when I ever get pulled out of there! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

At least he's cute, right? haha. Wow, nursery for 14 months, you are a saint! I have always been scared of that calling because of those very things. Don't worry about Bryton, he will get over it. Besides other parents need to realize that kind of stuff is just going to happen.

Tiffany said...

I am so excited you got released!! Don't get me wrong being a Nursery Leader is fun - that's what I just got released from before I moved into my parents ward. I thought I would be in with Ethan all the time because I was comfortable in there - but now that I am a Sunday School leader I love it. I love my time in RS!! But I would be a nursery leader any day!! I think your boys are adorable!! Bryton especially!! Your class will miss you guys!!

Brandon and Lindsay said...

Ha ha that little mischievious face is just too cute. Brandon and I were in primary for 3 years or so in total in our ward, and it was pretty weird getting released. People were asking me if I had just moved into the ward, haha. But I have to say, it was a good adjustment! I missed it at first, but it was nice to be a little more involved with the adults in the ward too!

JWolfgramm said...

But Bryton is the CUTEST little monster ever! No one is ever gonna mess with that boy!! I just got called to be a primary teacher!?!? What the heck am I supposed to do with Manoa? Jake teaches in EQ too. Manoa can't go into nursery until he is 18 months... at the rate he is growing he'll be 5 feet tall by then!!

The Keala's said...

K seriously!! You are NOT alone! We live in a very old ward, I swear I am the youngest mom, and there are only like six kids in the nursery, but Kaluna is the "bad" kid in there. They have a three strike rule; if they hit, push, or any other thing destructive three times, they take them out of nursery for the day. Kaluna gets pulled out ALL the time!! He has gotten better cause we punish him if he gets kicked out, so he's slowly catching on!! Not sure if your ward does something like that, but it sounds like there are a million kids in nursery!!

Rachel said...

Free at last Free at last. JK :) You just need to go to the Tongan ward. Siope misses his girlfriend. Love ya

jayni & ben said...

I spank-a-him's butt!! But oh my he is way too cute to be mad at. Love Jett vaka too :D

Amy @MoMomma said...

Don't worry Jobi- We have your back :) I say, totally leave them both in nursery with us and eventually they'll be okay with it. At least they are brothers and will have each other in class!
Austin had the hardest time going to the younger class- he'd even get so worked up that he'd puke all over the floor as we walked in the room because he knew what was coming (nice huh?) so, we're proof that kids will adjust. We're glad to have them in our class, they're C U T E!

judd and ash said...

I totally know what you mean...I think you and I have had the nursery conversation before:)
Don't worry, your boys will grow out of the naughty stage...mine did... (well, for the most part:) and no one is more naughty than Dawson was, I promise there is hope...just don't make such a big deal out of it:) Good Luck!

Heather said...

We had a parent altercation at a playland recently cause some dad was saying our son was mean to his kid. Oh brother :)

Lorina said...

Haha... that's cute! I am sorry you have such active boys!

I just got called out of Nursey too..I was in for 11 months.. And to be honest, 11 months is a long time! Haha, but I do miss it.

Ashley and Aaron said...

That is so funny about Bryton...I love seeing him and Finn together. It is so funny that they are only a day apart! This post reminded me of this past Sunday...I went to my sister's ward and was excited to be able to leave Finn in nursery...but then no teachers showed up so I ended up staying in there with my sister for the whole 2 hours! Ha...just when I thought I was gonna get a break :) Enjoy Relief Society!