HaPPy MoTHeR's DaY!!

Yes, occasionally my kids are outside in just underwear, they yell "I farted" or "freakin faggot" in the middle of my Young Women's presidency meetings, they aren't always wearing shoes, they may or may not watch Nick Jr for hours some days. So what if I bribe them with a slurpee every day? So what if I BEG THEM to play with my hair tons? Nope, I don't read scriptures with them every day. My boys do sometimes stand on my back porch and pee off to the side. I do lose my patience at times. They sip from my Mt Dew at times.
Yes, my house is not always 100% clean, my laundry, I swear, is never caught up, there will be a dish or two in my sink a lot of times, yeah you'll even find some french fries on the ground of my SUV. I'M NOT THE PERFECT MOM.
I hardly get any time to myself... usually I have a kid or two in the bathroom with me while I'm going potty, or when I'm trying to shower or get in the bath. Sure- I'd like to go tanning, or workout for a few hours, go grocery shopping by myself, or sleep for one whole day.. but this is the job I've chosen and I could NOT be more GRATEFUL. I'm so lucky to be a Mother. I love my kids so dang much. I'm a lil' too overprotective of them sometimes. But, I try my best!! I try to teach them about our Savior Jesus Christ and to pray to our loving Heavenly Father and to be grateful for everything we have. I think they are the most important things to know and if they get those down.. everything else will fall into place!
I thank Heavenly Father everyday for this incredible opportunity that he's given me to be the Earthly Parent's of these sweet- innocent kids. They are the BEST and make me soooo happy every day.
Jett, Bryton, && Oakley... Mommy LOVES you! :]

I'd like to give a shout out to THE #1 Mom- Ju Babes! Mom, I know I tell you this all the time.. but it's so true. I HOPE I'm half the Mom you are. It's really hard to follow the footsteps of a PERFECT Mom, but what an incredible example you've been to me. The kids LOVE you and pray for you every day. Hope you enjoy your day. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

29 comments:

Ash & Paul said...

haha, I love it! Being a mom is the best!! :)

Suzanne said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! I am glad to know I am not the only one who is imperfect! :) Your kids are sooo lucky to have you as their mom! I am sure that you are too busy spending time with them rather than maintaining a perfect house...in the end they won't remember if the laundry was always caught up anyway! :) Hope you were spoiled yesterday!

dlhadlock said...

I freakin love you. Your life sounds a lot like mine. But being a mom is so incredible. You are a wonderful mom. Love ya

Kings said...

so cute. You are a great mom!

Andrea Ingersoll said...

hahahaha that made me laugh soooo hard!!!! you are cute - and I think you are an amazing mom - so is Jubabes :) Miss you!

Hayley England Kling said...

Awwww...that was so sweet Jobes! You are an amazing mommy and your 3 babes are so lucky to have you too! Love ya!

pwincessdi said...

Jobi you are such a cute fun loving mom! I love your sense of humor and your spunk! Hope your Mothers Day was great :)

judd and ash said...

Haha, I loved this post! I think my boys have done every single one of those things too, so you are not alone:) You are such cute mom, I'm sure I'll be seeing you at the pool this summer. Happy Mothers DaY!

Celeste said...

I'm glad to see that you're not perfect (makes me feel like there's still a chance for me) because from the outside you seem to be! You're awesome!!!

judd and ash said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shilo said...

LOVE that you are so open about the type of mother you are AND that you are okay with that. I needed that example.
Your boys are so cute. I laugh everytime I see them outside in their underwear.
You are doing GREAT!!!

Melissa said...

LOVE the post Jobi! That's exactly how I feel. We just do our best, and it's all gonna be okay. You're an awesome mom.

jodi kay said...

Jobi, you are such a GREAT mom! I hope you had a fabulous Mother's day! You do have a wonderful mom as an example! Love you and your mom!

Jon and Tasha Fam said...

You are such a great MOM!!! Your just like your mom, love ya hope you had a great mothers day:)

Monica said...

So cute. You are a great Mom :)

Des said...

Jobi, I love you!!!!! I love this post because I am right there with you. You are an amazing mom and you have beautiful kids! I need to get over there and meet the new addition to the family. School is out soon and then I will have more time to come and visit. Loved this post, and you are an AWESOME MOM!!!!!

Jill said...

Slurpees everyday? I love it! You are a great Mom. Oakley told me so right after she whispered how much she loved me.

weasel said...

LMAO - I love you! I knew there was a reason we are friends, ha ha ha...I farted is definately one of O's favorites too...every noise that sounds like a fart is someone being accused of a fart too! Happy Late Mother's day!

Randi A. said...

Jobi, that was beautiful and perfect, just like you. You have three lucky kiddos to have you for a mom!Love ya!!

Kellie said...

You are such a great mom to those kids, they are lucky to have you! Happy Mother's Day Jobes!

Amy @MoMomma said...

LOVE your Mother's Day Post Jobi! Ah. I'm glad I'm not the only im-perfect / struggling mommy out there. As long as our kids are happy and we are mostly sane it's all worth it!

Liana Brown said...

I love this post! Your so cute! You are a great mom and your kids are adorable!!! I totally look up to you!

Jon and Julie Melton said...

I like this post. Sad thing is.. you get my age and you STILL wonder if you are doing things right, and if your kids are turning out! We Mom's are a little crazy :) Love those 3 kids!

The Keala's said...

Jobi, you are AMAZING!! Wow I about cried reading this, its so true for almost every mother, and you are a perfect mom for YOUR babies!! :)

Andrea Migliaccio said...

Such a CUTE post!
I so know how you feel about not being perfect but who is?! RIGHT?!
Lubz ya Jobi!
Hope you had a splendid Mama's Day!
xOxOxO

Tala Motuliki said...

hey Jobi! Don't know if you remember me, I crossed your blog through my sister in laws, I'm Ifa's brother Kel's wife, we went to a comedy show together one night! Glad I found your blog! and love our confessions as a mom! ... it's true, we can never keep up with everything. even though Mothers have some many imperfection, we're still so perfect! LOL...

Unknown said...

thanks for commenting. it really did cheer me up! your kids are so cute!! AND I absolutely loved this mother's day post...

Ruth Done said...

HaHaHaHa! I love it. Now I am going to want a slurpee until I get one. I love your boys and I am not even going to start listing the things I think I do wrong.

Anonymous said...

I love that they pee off the deck! haha Only boys...