::What...::

What's a date?
Don't know. I don't remember the last date I went on. Seriously, Enoch and I were trying to think of our last date, just him & I...couldn't remember. It's been at least 5 or 6 months :( We could fly anywhere we want for free with my husband's flying benefits, but he's on "probation" for the first 6 months of employment. Basically Delta makes sure you're not working there JUST for the benefits, that you're actually a good employee. Enoch, being a new employee, is at the bottom of the ladder. He gets crappy shifts and crappy days off. He can't call in sick, can't be late, can't be out of town if he's supposed to work, etc. so if they catch you and see in their system that you're out of town and you call in sick or miss your shift... you get fired. LAX is SOOOO STRICT. After his 6 months "probation" supposedly he'll be able to switch shifts, find replacements, etc. so that's in May. By that time we can travel for more than just his 2 days off a week. I CAN'T WAIT TILL MAY! We really wanna go to Hawaii, Jamaica, New York, Florida, Canada, etc. WE SOOO NEED A VACATION & SOME ALONE TIME!

What would a workout be like by myself?
Or maybe to have the motivation to work out?

The weather is great here, so I don't have THAT for an excuse. My i.pod touch was stolen, is that an excuse?

What was life like when I could do laundry for "free"?
Oh how I miss my AMAZING washer & dryer in our storage unit in Utah. Our apartment doesn't have washer & dryer hook-ups. We do have a washer & dryer in our complex, but it's a $1.50 a load and you can only put like 15 articles of clothing in it or else it won't even wash em and you paid for NOTHING!

What was it like to sit through sacrament meeting and not have to go out because of loud children?
We are in the hall EVERY Sunday! It's a joke. Any ideas/suggestions to keep them quiet, good during sacrament meeting?

What was it like to not have my baby take a bottle?
I don't know. I've tried. She STILL only nurses.

What was it like to have my husband hold me with out kids hangin on me and trying to squeeze themselves between us?
Not sure?? It happens EVERY TIME.

What's it like to go to the bathroom or shower yourself?
Oh, how I miss those days.



These pictures were my attempts today to try and take a picture of all 3 kids looking at me and smiling. haha FAIL. But I couldn't LOVE them more! I'm SOOO LUCKY to be blessed with these 3 little sweet hearts. I know I complain a lot that I hardly get anytime for myself or with just my husband, but it's okay. I need to get over it and find "joy in the journey" We chose this. I need to be more PATIENT with them. Jett & Bryton were outside eating popsicles earlier today and Bryton said to Jett, "Mom, is so freakin mean, what's her problem?" hahaha Enoch and I could hear their conversation through the window and were laughing our heads off.. but really I wanted to CRY! I SUCK. :(

"If life and its rushed pace and many stresses have made it difficult for you to feel like rejoicing, then perhaps now is a good time to refocus on what matters most."
-Dieter F. Uchtdorf

12 comments:

Rheanna said...

I'm sending you lots of hugs and love! Justin and I often joke about how the definition of "date" went from going somewhere nice or doing something fun...to watching a whole show uninterrupted or eating a bowl of ice cream without having to share! You are a fantastic mother and you know it's true because your kids think your mean sometimes :o) Love Ya!

Lisa Johnson said...

First of all, those pictures of the kids are ADORABLE. I try to get Autumn to take cute pictures, too, but sometimes I just give up and go with the silly mood she's in. When I look back at pictures of her in 15 years, I think the ones I'll like the best are the silly ones (instead of the posed ones) where she was just being herself.

As for the other stuff, you are an AMAZING Mom & I wish I could be you. You're gorgeous and have an incredible husband that loves you and 3 great kids. I totally understand what you mean about not having a second to yourself. But just remember that they'll be gone and serving missions and going to college before you know it. I hope you know I love and admire you so much and think the world of you! LOVE YA!

Kari Clark said...

I totally have moments like that, where all I can think about is what I can't do or don't have because I chose this life. But it only lasts for a short time, then one of my kids does something to melt my heart and I remember what's really important. Hang in there, we're all in this together. In no time at all, I'm sure we'll be wishing for these "little kid" days again. I wish I was there so I could watch your kids for you so you could go an a date. BTW... your kids are so adorable.

Jon and Tasha Fam said...

I have those moments all the time.I am a single mom just like you. My kids tell me i am mean all the time,I tell them we do what I ask and I wouldn't be LOL As for working out it's over rated!!! You look amazing. love ya call me when you get here

The Starkers said...

They are so cute!!! Oakley is so adorable!! My youngest also only nursed and was still nursing 7 times a day when she turned 1! It was hard, but worth it. And don't worry too much, Emery said last week she wanted a new Mom!

Matt and Suzanne said...

Oh man! Your kiddos are absolutely a-dorable. SERIOUSLY I want to eat them up! I don't even want to know what Grace would say if she could talk! I'll enjoy the babblings for a little while longer ;). You are a fantastic mom!

jayni & ben said...

i am laugh crying. i love this post. i love B. you are in for a realllll treat with him. hahahah. i love all those pics. they make me oh so very happy. jobi you rock!!

mattandtara said...

Oh Jobi hang in there!! I can't imagine being in your shoes and having THREE kids but just having Addi some days wears me out! Your amazing and will pull through this!!

mattandtara said...

Sorry I was signed into my husbands account, this is tara ivers just so ya know! Lol

Dusti said...

Jobi you have moved! Gosh dangit! You were like an hour from me and because I'm such a procrastinator we never got together sorry about that! Your kids are so cute. And I'm jealous about your good weather...but not the gas prices...ours will be there soon, until you can get a real vacation...just have a vacation in a can.....mountain dew baby!

Melissa said...

As cliche as it sounds, remember it won't always be like this. It's hard, but they're not little forever. it's just the stage you're in right now. You are an amazing wife, mother, and friend. Those darling little cuties are so lucky to have you. Someday they'll be grown up and moved out, and you and your hubby will be going on hot dates every stinkin night of the week. It'll happen girl ... just hang in there. Love ya.

Kelli Proctor said...

just the fact that your kids were outside eating popsicles tells me life is good because that means you are having BEAUTIFUL weather and that part makes me happy for you! Sunshine is huge and you are living in the sunshine state so enjoy the weather and smile! You are the best, keep the positive thoughts going, and know everything is going to work out the way your little family needs it to! Heavenly Father is amazing like that! LOVE YOU LOTS!!!!!