I'm tired of this crappy weather(although we haven't had to turn on our sprinklers or AC for like 2 weeks now)
I'm SOOOO sick and tired of the hours my husband works! Sometimes I wonder if the money is worth NEVER seeing him. I DREAD every Monday morning!
I HATE hearing about his stupid co-workers. If I go into his office I swear I'll ANNIHILATE "A" and "W" and a few other people... those are just a few.
I am DONE looking at my mountain of laundry.
Oh yeah... and my mountain of dishes.
I LOVE doing hair.. don't get me wrong, it's a passion I have. But I'm sick of doing it.
I LOVE my lil' monsters TO DEATH.. but can I get a MINUTE to go to the bathroom, take a shower, go on my treadmill, watch my shows, sleep ONE night without them coming in our bed in the middle of the night???
Where is my patience?
I want to eat healthier.. but food.. Mmmm, it's just is too dang good, I can't get enough of it! Healthy food is really expensive too.
I want to workout, I want to go to the gym... IMPOSSIBLE when I live out here and there is not a decent gym near us and when I can't even get my boys to go to nursery every Sunday, how am I going to get them to go to a daycare while I workout?
I want to read my scriptures everyday. I don't.
I want to go to the temple often.. I don't.
I need to do my visiting teaching done. Haven't yet.
I want to serve others. Hardly ever.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! UGH.
28 comments:
I feel ya!!!!! I had one of those weekends!!! I have been SO bad with my kids.......You need a girls night out!!!! We should do one:)
I totally understand! Granted I only have 1 kid... but its hard to keep my self motivated about things too when your life is dedicated SOOOO many other things!
Gloomy weather makes me grumpy too! Winter is long enough.. why does it need to drag on through the summer with dark rainy days all the time!
The sun makes EVERYONE feel better! :)
:) I just went through a phase EXACTLY like this a couple of weeks ago. (That's something to remember. It's just a phase. A slump. A rut. You'll be out of it. Hopefully sooner than later.) I let it last way longer than it should. First thing to do? PRAY. Drop to your knees and pray and ask for Heavenly Father to help you find the motivation to simply read a few verses in your scriptures. Then read them. Next step? Pray again. Ask Him to help you to do a couple of dishes or something. Then just do a little bit. Don't worry about getting everything done because you'll be overwhelmed. Just do something. Something small. Betcha can't guess the next step. Pray again. :) And just keep going. As for working out and eating healthy?? Well, you have to find what works for you. But eating healthy doesn't have to be expensive. With all the money I was spending on snack foods, eating out, and just plain old crap food, I'm actually saving on groceries by eating healthy. :) And I work out at home. I can't make it to the gym. And I don't want to pay for the membership plus the cost of childcare (which is ridiculous out here!) I try to do it when the kids are sleeping. And just start small. Take the boys with you on a fifteen minute walk to the park. Let them run off some steam. Then walk home. You just got thirty minutes of exercise. Eventually, make it a thirty minute jog. Then run. And just keep going. And last, CALL ME!! Call me to vent! Call me for motivation!! Call me to make plans because I'm coming to Utah tomorrow!! Maybe I'll just come by and do some of those dishes and laundry with you. The kids can keep each other entertained. :) I love you!! Hope you start feeling better soon!!
Oh, Jobi...I hear ya'!!! Loud & clear! Some days I just want to crawl in a hole & hide. I love ya'...you're not alone.
I read your post and couldn't figure out if you wrote it or if I did. If I had motivation, I would be able to conquer the world and I know it! Unfortunately, it's just not always there and instead...I do nothing and eat junk :o)
haha you nerd. Sometimes you think the dishes and laundry and everything is such a big deal. Just take it day by day. Do as much as you can in one day if you don't finish oh well you tried. Take your boys for a walk they will love it and so will you. Plus it is a work. Oh and I have been listening to the BOM on cd. You should try it. Just while I drive to work. But maybe you could turn it on while you do laundry or something??? You are sooo cute. I will come out and help you with whatever you need. Okay!? I wu you!!
awww I'm sorry to hear you're going thru what every mother goes thru!! IT SUCKS!! It's juss one of dem days huh!! Awww I have been there, and trust me I know exactly how you feel!! **MY ADVICE** Don't do anything!! Let the laundry pile up, let the kids go wild, let your hubby talk to himself. Curl up in a ball in ur room and cry yourself to sleep!! It really helps, and you'll feel a lil better!!! CRY IT OUT JOBI!!! Love ya!! :)
K, I am so glad you posted this, b/c I have been feeling the same way all week. I was so short-tempered w/ Autumn this weekend and it seemed like everything she did made me frustrated. I am glad to know I'm not the only one feeling UGH lately. I hope things get better. See if Enoch will watch the boys one night and have a girls night out or go get a pedicure or something fun! I wish I were there in UT and we could go have a girl's night out. MISS YA!
I am feeling the same way!
You just described my every mood!!! I think I am just sick of the mundane life I lead. You could totally bring your boys over to play if you need some time to get some stuff done!!!
umm jobes do you need me to come get your boys for the day? Call me! I am serious love ya girl. Don't worry tomorrow is a new day!! Oh and if I know you all you ever do is serve so worry about yourself today!
I totally know what you mean and I don't blame you. I am totally in that mood every monday.
ha ha i just had this coversation with my friend this morning! seriously, when you have young kids its so hard to keep up on everything. and you get to the point where its like why try? i'm just coming out of a serious slump i've been in for the past couple months!
Been there, done that and AM wearing the sweatshirt! Were you surprised to know that so many feel just the same way you do? Isn't it exciting to know that if we go as far as we can and are really trying the Lord will take us the rest of the way! Day by day, Jobi, day by day!
I know how you feel- I think we all have days/weeks/months like that every now and then! You're so cute though--maybe you're being to hard on yourself!!
Jobi Lynn Melton Niu.... I can help you! I LOVE spending time with the cutest grand kids on the planet!! Also.... you serve EVERYBODY!!! Are you kidding me?? You are the best sister and daughter ever! You drop everything and come a running! You serve in your callings and taking care of a family is serving. Your vacation will help. Change of scenery always helps me. I love you. Be happy. BREATH......... Try reading a few verses in the scriptures. Or a conference talk. Listen to the CS's we gave you even if it is for a few minutes. Miracles will happen. Love :) Mom
YUP - O has started a new phase of hating nursery...she used to love it...so that of course means she will no longer go to the daycare at the gym and she won't sleep in her bed all night long anymore either! I don't mind sharing the bathroom or the shower - but give me my damn bed back!!!
were you writing this or me??? I feel you girl!! Can I just get one hour to workout... just one?!? Let's hangout. I'm coming over and doing some of your laundry! What day are you free?
You make me laugh. I can totally relate with you right now. I think we all have those days where we want to do nothing. The nice thing is tomorrow is always a new day, and we never know what tomorrow will bring!
I have to say that your boys were the highlight of my sunday. I think it was Bryton that told me to "shut-up" on sunday. I know you were horrified, but I couldn't stop laughing. It got me through the next few hours of trying happily to sing to kids. I think you are amazing and always seem so put together. We really should do more together. Bring your boys over. We are sooooo used to the boy thing. I wish you could see yourself as the rest of us do. You are Amazing!
Jobi! (Yes, I still read your blog) I totally relate to this too. Sometimes all you need is to vent. Are you feeling better yet? :)
I would like to second the advice to pray. It's so ridiculously simple that I feel silly telling you that, but I SWEAR I just figured out that it works, every time. I don't know if your boys are old enough to say prayers by themselves yet, but just the other day I felt like I was going to EXPLODE with craziness, so I knelt right in the middle of the mess and asked my 4 year old to say a prayer that I could be nice and happy. He said the sweetest prayer for me and I just sobbed and sobbed and hugged him and felt so much better. It's not that earth-shattering every time, but I always always always feel better after I get my frustrations out in a prayer and ask for some help, especially with loving my kids more.
I'm right there with ya, Jobi. I think you are doing a great job, and you are really inspiring to me.
I SOO Love your post! It could have been me writing that post! I think we all have the "EM Bug" there's no where nearby to go and we're all confined to this little valley. SO, us gals have to stick together! WE should plan a weekly day for our kids to get together and we can just watch a movie or veg while they play- or trade off days and have some 'me' time! Call me if you're up for it!! (PS- I SO appreciate you and Enoch when you were in Sunday School- what a blessing that was!)
wow do i hear you!! thanks for sharing this and for being so real! that totally made me feel better and normal which NEVER happens!! you are so wonderful! if you need anything let me know :)!!
love ya girl!
I honestly feel like that almost everyday! I feel relieved that someone else feels the same way. My house seems so disorganized at times, but there is no way to organize it when you have NO time to organize and ditto to everything else you said! Someday we will be able to do all that when our kids are older, but for now it will be a struggle!
Well the good news is, you're def not alone!!! I have zero motivation to do ANYTHING!!!! I had my baby how many months ago? Oh 8? Ya and I'm still a chunk!!! And I only have 1 kid and am so tired and lazy we don't do anything!!! Poor Oliver, I'm such a dud of a mother!!! Tim is working all the time too and I feel like I'm a single parent!!! Boo to all of it!!
Jobi,
Believe me I have those days too...I think every mom does! It's crazy how your life just revolves around your kids and you love them so much that you don't care... but sometime you just need a break, it doesn't mean you are a bod mom or a bad person you just need to be you for a minute and not just mommy...You are so sweet and talented and you do so much for everyone, hang in there!!!
I LOVE that you wrote this!! I have been feeling the same way.. maybe it's the crappy, rainy weather in the middle of freakin' JUNE!!
Ohh girl. Give yourself a brea. You are a very busy mom :) But that is good of you to want to do better. We can all improve You are awesome!
Post a Comment