"It might just be teething!"-February 12, 2008

This is the first time that both my boys have been sick at the same time. I've always heard of this HORRIBLE time, that it's bound to happen! I HATE it! I hate it when they're not themselves, just so miserable! I feel helpless. Jett had 102* temperature for 48 hours on and off, so I was contemplating takin him in to the doctor or not. I hate going in and getting the answer, "Oh.. it's just teething!" Enoch talked me into it so.. I packed up my crying, fevering boys still in there orphan P.J.'s put em in the car and carried them both into the doctor, Bryton in the carseat on one arm, Jett on the other, sweating my butt off (hearing comments like, "WOw! You really have your hands full!" I'm like,"REALLY? DUH!" ha ha just kiddin!) take em in Jett gets his throat, ears, temp, all checked.. and sure enough... "Well it could just be teething! It could be a viral infection, but nothin I can give you an anti-biotic for!" AHHHHH!! BIGGEST WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!! Oh well.. My Mom and Enoch say it's better to be safe than sorry!
My poor sick boys!:(

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, those poor babies. I hope they feel better soon - being sick is no fun. I hope you don't get it, too. Stay well.

mckenna said...

Yuck! I hate having sick kids! You feel so helpless! And then there's always the worry that you will inevitably get sick as well. Jett looks so miserable in that photo! I hope they feel better soon!

Andrea Ingersoll said...

That's the saddest picture of Jett. He looks so sick. You're such a good mom. I don't know how you do it! Let me know if you need anything!

Lorina said...

Poor Things! Jett looks miserable, how sad. BTW I HATE taking my kids to the doctor and having them tell me absolutely nothing. I just paid a $65 bill for the doctor to tell me that same thing. I so feel you on this one.

JWolfgramm said...

AWWW how SAD!! Jetts poor little face makes me want to cry! Poor boys! I hope they feel better soon.

jodi kay said...

They look so pitiful in those pictures. On the flip side of them being sick, it is the only time Nikolas will sit still for more than 5 minutes at a time. I feel bad that they are sick, but hope you can enjoy the down time:)

Cedar, Chris & Annistyn said...

K you are the cutest mom ever and can I say . . . . AMAZING! I don't know how you do it! Well I hope your cute boys get feeling better. They are adorable! Maybe one of them can marry Annistyn one day!

jen.nie said...

"its allergies" that is that answer i always got from the doctors at the BYU-health center! It never was. Sometimes i just hate going to the doctor...no make that all times. :) I hope your boys feel better. They are so sweet. You are such a good mom.

Anonymous said...

Oh...the cutest boys EVER!!! I wanna boy...any IDEAS??? :)

Kalli said...

Oh Jobi they are so sweet and you really do have your hands full. I totally relate with the going to the doctor and feeling like you wasted your time and money especially I hate that. But hope the little ones start to feel better soon.

Jon and Tasha Fam said...

Oh Poor Boys!! I hate it when they get sick at the same time. Poor you! I know it hard when they are both sick. Let me know if you need anything ok. How about that storm??? hope you guys were ok!!

Hayward Family said...

OH MAN! That's the worst! Sick babies!! :( I'm sorry Jobi! I hope they get feelin better soon.. Cy was sick for awhile, and he's BArelY feelin better! Love you guys! Let me know if you need anything!!

jayni & ben said...

Jobi when I looked at this picture I really was about to cry. I had to hold back my tears. I don't like when my baby Jett looks like that. Hims dus looks so dane sad. I love them soooo much and can not wait to see them tomorrow.

brooke said...

Holy crap Job- you have two kids, they are so cute! You look awesome, same as always, What a cute little family!

Tiffini said...

Yeah I ran accross your blog the other day also looking at Kalli's. I didn't want to leave a message just because I thought it would be weird since you and Ryan dated in high school. I've heard a lot about you. You have 2 very cute little boys and you and your husband look so cute together! Its amazing how true love is amazing huh. You are right it is hard sometimes having two kids that close together. Thank you for your comment on my friend its hard losing someone that you're close with.

Tiffini said...

Oh yeah I was going to tell you I know what you're going through with the sick kid I went through the same thing for the past two weeks. Its no fun. Hope the boys feel better soon.

Heather Lee said...

while i'm sad that they're both sick in this photo, i love Jett's rosey little cheeks! I'm still dreading Holland's first cold and pretty much offend any sick (or slightly sick) person that tries to lay a hand on her!