We had the wonderful oppertunity to go to President Hinckley's Public Viewing today. We woke up early this morning to get ready and drive up to Salt Lake, we figured we can't pass up this oppertunity to see a Prophet of God. We walked into the room where President Hinckley's body and casket were and the feelings I felt were unreal, so sacred. I was crying my eyes out! I could hear the Mormon Tabranacle Choir singing in the backround it was almost like as if it were angels singing. The spirit was SO strong! I still can't believe I walked so close to the Prophet, he was glowing, he looked AMAZING... perfect! What a sweet sweet man he was. He was the prophet when I was going through some tough times in my life and so I looked up to him alot. After being so cold waiting in line to just get inside the building, checking in our stroller (they weren't allowed), going through some security, carrying Bryton and the diaper bag the WHOLE time in HIGH HEELS, waiting in line total for about 2 1/2 hours... It was SOOOOOOO WORTH every minute of it! I would do it again in a heart beat! What an incredible oppertunity it was! I'm sure people accross the world would have given anything to do what I experienced today! I can't deny my testimony of the Prophets of old and the modern day Prophets, they truly are servants of the Lord.
Here's a picture of the Conference Center. We saw some amazing paintings inside while waiting in line inside the building.

Here we are waiting in line outside FREEZING and guess what?? Jett and Bryton were AWESOME! Didn't make a peep the WHOLE time! Anyone that knows Jett especially knows that that is unheard of, he's a MONSTER! They were SOOOOO good! I know even though they are so young they felt the spirit too!

Our view of the temple was unreal! The temple looked so beautiful! It made the half hour-45 minutes out in the cold seem like 5 mins, we just couldn't stop starring at it.


When we were walking back to our car.. there was this big (house, building, apartment complex??) We didn't really know what it was, but it was facing the west side of the conference center that had this sign hanging from it "Goodbye Our Friend". I LOVED it! He truly was EVERYONE'S friend, whether they were a member of the church or not.
15 comments:
You changed your paper. It's so cute. That's awesome you were able to go up to the viewing - I wish we were able to. It's weird - when we found out he passed away - I wasn't sad at all for him. Just so happy that he is in a better place now and with his sweet wife.
Hey Jobi, I was able to go to the viewing also. It was such a wonderful experience! Dawson is also a little monster and while we were in the room with President Hinckley, Dawson was such an angel! After we got out of the building it was like a switch went off and he was back to his loud self. I of course was crying while we were in with the Prophet there was such a strong spirit in there. I loved your blog it got me all teary eyed again :) Aimee Jardine
AWESOME!!! so awesome that you guys got to go! I cried reading your post. Must have been an amazing experience. I miss you Jobes!
Oh how fun. I love your pictures. I love your family and that is just awesome you guys went there!!
i'm so glad (and somewhat jealous) that you were able to go to the viewing. i can't imagine the feelings you felt. what an amazing man we lost, but he must be so happy to be with his darling wife. (i can literally hear you in my head saying "so unreal.") :) i am glad we can watch the funeral on tv tomorrow. love your blog, your boys are so darling--they seem so full of life!
What an amazing experience! I wish I could have gone down there. It is something that I'm sure you will never forget. By the way could your family be any cuter??? I really like the way you changed your page. I need to get one done soon.
That is so cool you when up there. I am jealous. I bet it was amazing,:) Why is your page always so cute? You have to show me how to pimp my page cuz i suck at it haha
Jobi-
I haven't seen you in so long!
You are still just as gorgeouos & your family is so stinkin' cute!
I'm so glad to see you're doing well!
Hope to hear form ya!
Andrea
xOxOxO
Jobi!!! How are you??!? You're boys are so freaking cute!!! I can't believe how big they are!!!And you are as beautiful as ever. I'm so glad you have a blog so i can feel like i talk to you all the time!!! Is that weird? haha oh well. Tim says hi!!!
Jobi,
Thank you so much for sharing this day with those of us who weren't able to be there. Your words conveyed the spirit that was there.
Jobi Hi! Your family is so cute. Last I saw you we were both SO pregnant. You look fantastic! My son came out with RED hair. He's darling.
Hey Jobi! I love seeing how big Bryton has gotten (since he and Finn are the EXACT same age!). That is really cool that you got to go to the viewing -- way to be a trooper in the cold with your two kids!
It looks like it was so cold. I'm jealous, I would have loved to have gone. There are deifinately some perks to staying in Utah.
Hey it's maryann, thanks for calling me and sorry i didn't call you back. I hate sometiomes how busy i am. anyways i don't have your number i erased it so if you could comment on my blog or call me again i WILL call ya back. that's awesome you went to president hinkleys viewing.
Post a Comment