Yup.. came home a day early!- February 24, 2008

All I can say is UNREAL! So we decided to go to Las Vegas for our anniversary... and take our boys. Can I say "H-E-double hockey sticks!!"? Seriously.. what the CRAP were we thinking? My sister even offered to babysit them. Enoch and I have never been away from them and we're like,"It's okay, they'll be fine. I think if we left them at home, we would miss them too much and come home early.." UH.. NO!!!!! COULD WE BE MORE WRONG! It was SOOOOOOOO HARD with them! Nights were horrible, mornings were horrible, trying to eat out was horrible, Jett's wheezy cough, Bryton teething, everyone getting mad at us in resturaunts cause both our boys were screaming the WHOLE TIME! I was SWEATING, apologizing to everyone giving us dirty looks-starring at us! Jett wanting a bottle and we didn't have a fridge or microwave to store milk and heat up his bottle. Basically CHAOS! Not one bit of relaxation whatsoever! We didn't get to do so many things that we planned to do... we came home a day early actually. But it's alright. My Mom keeps telling me that we'll laugh about it one day, well I'm not laughing yet. ;) ha ha ha I LOVE MY BOYS! But GEEEEEEEEZ! We're gonna try again to go to Vegas for my birthday the end of March and we will be LEAVING THE BOYS WITH MY SISTER THIS TIME!

14 comments:

Tiffini said...

I'm sorry it was so horrible. You will look back and laugh but I know what you're feeling now. That's why when Ryan and I want to do something like that the boys stay at Nana's house lol. At least you got some cute pictures :) So Jett is still on a bottle... good I thought Brightyn was the only one I couldn't get broken from one... phhhewwww

Tiffini said...

Have you tried to give Jett chocolate milk? Brightyn wouldn't take the milk cold until I put that stuff in it. Chocolate milk is a life saver!! Yeah brightyn isn't usually that relaxed...it was a fluke except they slept until 10:30 today!! Hope you have a great day!

mckenna said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! I'm peeing in my pants laughing! I'm sorry. I know it was probably pretty crappy, but man! What were you thinking?! Taking your boys on your anniversary trip. Ha ha ha ha! You're so funny! Hopefully your birthday trip will be better.

jayni & ben said...

Haha. I TOLD YOU!!! But oh well you live and you learn. I miss them and wish so bad you would have left them here with me. I would have loved it!

aubphotography said...

And we want to get pregers next year.....lol

west's said...

I was laughing so hard reading that. And it just gets worse!! I get so excited when Kelly tells me we are going somewhere and we get to leave the kids because once you start leaving them - you realize how nice the break away from them is. I hope you get to come down over your birthday. That would be fun.

Kalli said...

Jobi you make me laugh when I saw that you weren't taking your sis up on the babysitting thing I thought to myself well that will be a fun weekend...oh well just like your sis said you live you learn and next time you will know better plus come on it's fun to just be alone with your husband. I would even watch the two little sweeties for ya! Anyways email me on facebook your number and I will call you about church this Sunday.

Anonymous said...

That's Funny! Really funny. Sorry, hope your birthday is more fun.

Nina Winward said...

Oh Jobi I hear ya about vacationing with kids and I only have one! But one very hyper- active child nonetheless. After our last airplane ride to SLC I vowed never again would we be making the trip by plane. We are planning on going to Hawaii in June and are debating whether to take Addie or not. I will throw your experience in for another reason not to take her. However, it's so hard to be anywhere without your kids! We left her with my parents and went to Mexico and I did cry quite a few times b/c she wasn't with us. Bytheway you are looking dang good! I can't get rid of my baby weight for the life of me!

Andrea Migliaccio said...

Oh Jobi I'm sad to say we went through the same experience about 10 months ago!
We learned that Vegas is not really kid friendly!
You will have so much fun next time!
But I totally know what you mean about not wanting to leave your babies...it's hard but next time you will "ENJOY" it!

xOxOxO

Adam & Alissa said...

How can you honestly get mad at those freakin cute boys though? I miss them! So it has been WAY to long! We need another family date night ASAP! I am always ready and happy to babysit if you guys want to try the anniversary thing again! hahahahaha
Sure do love ya!

Lorina said...

I always say, "NO, we can just take the kids." We all must be crazy. I had my first date in 6 months with Josh ALONE. I missed my kids dearly but it was so nice to be just the two of us.

Congratulations on 2 years. I have been married 2 1/2 years with 2 kids. Thats funny.

Jon and Tasha Fam said...

You guys are crazy for taking the kids!!! We use to do it all the time the we got wise and started leaving them at home!! It's really nice to get away with just your husband:) Vegas is a hard place to take the kids too. The smoke about kills me and you can't take them in the casino ha ha... I am glad you guys had a good Anniversary anyways:)

{sara} said...

I'd have to say that I am in your shoes, not wanting to leave the kids. George and I have been married for 13 years and just left them for the 1st time last summer! It was hard, I thought about them the whole time. But, when I got home, I wanted to leave again. Maybe it will be easier next time!