"Hand, Foot, Mouth" 04.18.08

On Wednesday evening Jett had a high fever, I thought it might just be teething, or maybe an ear infection? He had a fever all night and on and off Thursday. Then Thursday night hit and WOW! WORST NIGHT EVER! He cried for 1 about a hour and the usual things that calm him down weren't working.. finally Enoch calmed him down and we got in bed and sure enough crying again. After another hour of trying EVERYTHING (Motrin, Tylonol, he wouldn't eat or take a bottle, get in a bath tub, we tried takin his clothes off, changin his diaper)he was still cying. I then asked Enoch to give him a blessing. He was still crying, by then it was 2:30 in the morning. I decided to call my parents and ask them for some advice. My sweet Dad answered the phone and first asked, "Has Enoch given him a blessing?" I replied,"Yes. We've tried everything!" He told me to take him for a drive. So I packed him up in the car and turned some church music on and just listened and cried. I felt helpless. I felt so bad for him and I didn't know what was wrong. I said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father to help me and Enoch have patience and for my faith to grow and know that everything was gonna be okay and that the power of the priesthood is real. After about a half hour of drivin around Jett was snoring! I took him home and he slept through the night. I'm so thankful for the gospel in my life. I can't imagine having to go through trials without it. I'm thankful that Enoch honors the Priesthood and was worthy to give Jett a Father's Blessing.

Well, first thing I did today was make an appt. for Jett to go see my uncle Jeff, he is Jett's pediatrician. Sure enough Jett woke up crying. When I took him in, after Jeff checked him out, the second he looked at his throat he told me he has "Herpangina" I was like WHAT?!?! He explained to me, "It's a mouth filled with painful blisters. This common infection can make kids miserable for the better part of a week." Kind of like "Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease". I just felt so bad for my lil' guy! GEEZ! But he got some pain medicine and I'm supposed to keep him really hydrated and hopefully they will go away! He said it will be a few days, it just has to take it's course.


22 comments:

Nat said...

What a hard night! It is a blessng to have ta worthy husband in your house. I hope he gets better really soon and the EVERYBODY can get some sleep. I will be thinking about you guys. Poop Baby!

jayni & ben said...

HAhahahHAh. I was like almost crying until I saw the pictures. hahha I love Jett and his hand foot and mouth pictures. Yuv dem:)

jodi kay said...

Oh my gosh Jobi! Blogs aren't supposed to make you cry. Now the big cottonball in my throat is gone, I can swallow again. I'm glad you are on the road to recovery now. Such cute pictures! Love you guys!

Joy said...

Oh my gosh is right. I had a crying baby all night too, but it didn't matter, I was still blubbering when I read your thing. I felt so bad for you guys. Nothing like gettting to the dr. and getting some magic potion.

mckenna said...

Yucky! Poor Jett! And poor mama! I hate nights like that! Hopefully you don't have another one for a VERY long time! You're such an awesome girl. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy! You are a really sweet girl, Jobi.

Chelsea and Evan said...

Love reading your blog!!!

The Watson's said...

Poor Jett. I guess the whole hand, foot, & mouth thing is going around because I saw a lot of it before I left Utah. It sucks cause there is not much you can do, but to comfort them. I hope he feels better fast!

Danielle and Fam said...

yikes! Sorry for you and Enoch and Jett. I hope things get better fast. It's great to have good men around.
Love you guys!

{sara} said...

I agree that blogs aren't supposed to make you cry...poor little guy. I was up all night with Maci, too - throwing up, though, it'll pass quicker that Jett's. Kennedi had shingles just before Christmas. She was in SO MUCH pain! It was so sad, I feel for you, and Jett. Good luck with everything - it's so hard on us mama's.

Tiffini said...

I am so sorry! I am glad that your uncle was able to help him out. I hope that he gets better soon. Good luck!

Kristi said...

I'm sorry that you had to deal with all of that...my Alexa got that horrible thing right when we moved into our house a few weeks ago. Not fun.

Kalli said...

Oh that is no fun at all I am sorry buddy..but I hear it is pretty easy to get like from toys and stuff a guy I use to work with kid got it from the toys in nursery sick huh?!

The Robinson's said...

oh i am so sorry for your little family! i'm so gald the story ends happy! the church is true!

Lorina said...

Poor little guy! And poor parents. Yuck! I hate bad nights.. and well days too.

BTW: I totally had to google pictures.. and it made me feel so bad for him. Boo!

Rachel Garner said...

jobi,
addie had hand foot and mouth when she was a baby. and bryan caught it too. (it is rare for adults to get it) it was the sickest i have ever seen both of them!!! but i learned the best secret. try it for his blisters. mix 5 ml of mylanta and 5 ml of benedril and have him swish a little bit of it. if he won't take a qtip or a medicine dropper and just rub or squirt it in his mouth. not the whole thing. do it several times a day. the mylanta acts as a nuetralizer and coats the blisters causing them to ache less and heal sooner. maybe your dr. already told you all this? good luck. give him a kiss!

Brad and Jana said...

I am so sorry! It is so hard when your kids are sick! It just breaks your heart huh. Hopefully all will be well soon!

Micalanne said...

Jobi I am so sorry your little guy was so sick! I feel so blessed that my kids have been well for such a long time (after many years of being sick all the time) Good Luck!

Andrea Migliaccio said...

Seriously SAD!
Poor lil baby boy!
I'm glad you took him inn & we're able to figure out what was making him so miserable!
Good job at staying patient!

xOxOxO

Jon and Tasha Fam said...

oh sad:( I am sorry is this the second time Jett has had it?? I hope they get better soon.

erin said...

I'm so sorry Jobi. But way to use your resources. I hope he's feeling better. You're super mom!

Tyler and Kilee said...

That is so sad! Poor little Jett! Hope he gets feeling better!