
Enoch and I have been going to the Tongan ward in American Fork for almost 2 years now, we LOVE it! Anyone who has been around polynesians knows what incredibly friendly people they are. The spirit we feel there is always amazing. It's great for Enoch to be around his culture especially cause his family lives in California. We have met some of our best friends that we will always be friends with. People always ask me how it is goin to the ward being "white" or "palangi", I actually LOVE it! Everyone is so nice and accepting there. They sing most of the hymns in Tongan so I've tried learning how to read tongan, I'm getting better. Enoch can speak it fluently, he helps me out. My temple recommend is in tongan ha ha. It's been a BLAST! Anyways... the Tongan ward starts at 9:00 AM (on Enoch's ONLY day off), it takes us 35 minutes to get there, and gas prices are up to $3.30/gallon and we drive our SUV to church, we don't know hardly any of our neighbors, etc. So we've been contemplating switching to our ward out here in Eagle Mtn. We went to the ward out here on Sunday to try it out. The church is 2 minutes away and starts at 11:00. We fasted and prayed about what to do and we came to the conclusion to switch wards. SOOOOOO... we switched our records!!! It was really hard for Enoch, but we both know it's the right thing for us right now. We'll miss seein' our sweet friends at our ward every sunday, and we'll for sure still be goin to some of the activities don't you worry!
16 comments:
Jobi, such a big change. I hate change and even more I hate changing wards. But obviously you guys will adjust well because everywhere you go people just love you. So good luck in your new ward!
Jobi...thanks for stopping by our blog. I've peaked in on your blog a few times before. Your family is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats on your 1 yr sealing anniversary! Good luck with changing wards. I would imagine that would be hard. People love you, though! I'm sure you'll make close friends wherever you are. Good luck!
Yeah...changing wards really really sucks, but it will be so nice to get to know all your neighbors and I'm sure there will be a lot of young people like yourselves with young kids so Jett and Bryton can play at the neighbors and you guys will make friends and I'm sure you will LOVE it!
You will have NO PROBLEM making new friends I'm sure! It is hard though. Have a great day!
Jobes & Enoche',
I am so proud of you both for making your decision with the help of the Lord. He will always guide you in the right direction if you will but ask for his help. I love you both so much and you have the most beautiful family.
Love your fav aunt, Monica
Hey Jobi, I didn't realize you live in Eagle Mountain! I do too! We should get together sometime. Good luck with your new ward, it will be good, change is good! Jana
Job you are too cute I am sad that you are changing before we even had a chance to go to the ward LOL but I will let you know when we get there and you will have to make an exception that week to come with us!? You are too nice the things you say on my blog I just love ya when are we really going to get together?
You are so sweet to me! Thanks Jobi for being the great amazing women that you are! Love ya!
Changing wards is the worst, but it will be great for your cute little family!
Whatever makes things easier on a Sunday morning! It seems that no matter how early I wake up, we are late.
It's always fun to have a change. But, a little scary...now you never know what calling you're going to get. You just might be the next Den mother! Better watch your back!
Changing wards seriously is hard! And you never know what you're gonna get! Scary! But hopefully it ends up being a great experience for you guys. So I'm thinking lunch Thursday at JCW's? What time works for you? You know what, nevermind because I'll probably just text you.
And P.S.!! OH MY GOSH! So I totally missed the Bachelor last night. Long story, but I forgot that I had missed it so your blog comment reminded me! And unfortunately, spoiled the ending, but oh well. I'm over it. So I watched online and got all caught up. HURRAY!! I love him now. Finally the two idiots are gone. I actually like all four girl now. That's NEVER happened for me in the history of the Bachelor! And sadly, I've seen EVERY season. So I thought the MOST shocking part was the scenes from next week!!!! The one girls mom rubbing his chest? WHAT!? That looks hilariously awkward! I can't wait! So who are you favoring now? I really think I'm liking Shayne more. And I think he really does too. But I don't know. I like all three of the other girls a lot too. I REALLY like Noelle but I don't know if they've really clicked yet. We'll see. And the thing with Chelsea not wanting to hold hands is weird. But whatever. So what's your take? And I'm SO excited for the Biggest Loser finale! Hope Roger or Ali win!!
wow, kudos for going to that other ward for so long! I totally take for granted the fact that our ward is a 3 minute drive away...it will be nice for you to start going some place closer for a change. PS: Can't wait to see you and the little ones on Thursday!
WHAT NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I when Aubs told me you were trying out the ward out there I thought for sure you would die without our ward. You need to switch back I will not stand for it!!! COME BACK WE WILL MISS YOU!! Well you better still hangout and stuff:( I am very sad.
Jobi,
After you commented on my blog, I had to see your blog to see if you were the same person I was thinking you were - sounds dumb, I know! And yep, I know you! You're boys are really cute! Tell your mom hi for me! Oh, and good luck with your new ward!
Post a Comment