Terrible Two's??-08.31.09

The other day my house all of a sudden had a white cloud inside it and there was white stuff all over... Bryton walked into my room like this:


I about died!! There was BABY POWDER EVERYWHERE!!

Jett wasn't this hard of a 2 year old. I hope I can survive Bryton's "terrible two's" I went to a YW's presidency meeting yesterday and called my Mom and my sister when I got home CRYING. Bryton bit my friends son and was fighting with everyone the whole time!! Any suggestions on how to get your son to stop BITING?? I've tried biting him back, time out, spanking him (I know call child services..), flicking his ear.. NOTHING seems to work! He bit 2 kids at church on Sunday too. KILL ME NOW!! That is THE ONE thing I worry most about being in YW's is Bryton being so naughty towards all of the other presidency's kids. AHHHH. STRESS ME OUT. I can't get a babysitter for every presidency meeting and every Tuesday evening..I hope he calms down and SOON!

You think these guys get along?? Um.. NOPE! I have a 3 year old, 2 year old, and a 20 month old who all live here.. HA HA Could they be any cuter though??

23 comments:

Megan said...

Jobi, I am sorry the terrible twos are hitting you. We have yet to get into the biting stage, knock on wood, so sorry, i have no advice there. although, Tyler did cut a whole in the couch and is not even ours. I guess if it's not one thing it is another. Oh well, at least you can look at the baby powder all over and laugh. I'm glad you got a picture of it. They are so cute even when they are stinkers!

Matt. Tara. Addi. Roslyn. said...

hahaha that is so funny. I know that's not what you want to hear but it really is hilarious. I have no suggestions, but does it help to say it's totally normal? All of my nephews bite each other all of the time. I don't know what their moms do. I know how you feel having to take him. I'm in YW and I have to take Addi with me all the time and she gets into EVERYTHING! Hang in there.

west's said...

That's awesome. Gotta love kids. My kids have never been biters - just the recievers of big bites. I've heard to put tobasco sauce or kayenne pepper on their tongue for like a minute & then have them rinse their mouth. People have said it works for them - try it & see. Good luck with that!

Shilo said...

I'm sorry!
Eventually you'll be able to look back and laugh - eventually...
Sorry it's so hard at the moment though.

The Keala's said...

Oh Jobi, I have no clue how you do it!! Bless your heart :) I have been lucky with Kaluna cause he does naugthy things but I got a pretty good grip on him, so he listens. He bit his cousin twice on two seperate occasions and I came UNLEASHED!! He does not bite anymore though... Maybe take away the things he loves to play with, whenever Kaluna is testing his limits with me I take away his Thomas the train set, and it breaks his little heart and mine sometimes but you gotta raise your kids to know there are rules. I am so sorry, but it won't last forever and some kids just don't care what you do to them, they just keep doin what they want to do :) And I'm also sorry, but the baby powder is freakin' funny...

pwincessdi said...

Oh sad!! hahah sorry had to laugh, cause these are the joys of motherhood right?!ha anywho my suggestion is to punch him in the mouth full force! hahah jk!! I don't know, I'm sorry I'm not much help...maybe make him bite on a bar of soap for 2 mins...???

Nat said...

Sorry to hear about the biting. I am not sure what to do, Dallin still bites and he is 3! I have tried everything. If you find something that works let me know. Good Luck.

Kristi said...

Those pictures are the cutest! You are so "lucky" to have all of them under your roof...but I'm sure they are all crazy together!

It sure is hard having these little kids while having a calling like YWs...I haven't had the biting problem with my kids...that would be HORRIBLE! I'm sorry.

Jon and Julie Melton said...

Jobes he will grow out of it..... YOU DID!!! Mother like son :) Love him!! Mom

.. said...

Aw they all look really cute! I am not looking forward to teh terrible two's when i have kids!

The Hansens said...

hey! I'm sorry abt the terrible two's but he is SO DANG CUTE! I'm finally going to add you to my list of friends, hope that's okay:)

Meghan said...

I cannot get over how cute those boys are!!! I was a huge biter until I was about 4...sorry to tell you that. My sister has a scar from me and people I see that knew me when I was a kid always mention me biting other kids! My mom thinks I would just get overwhelmed with emotion..whether it was anger, excitement, sadness and then I would bite the nearest person to me. She would always have to calm me down and make me take deep breaths. I was a nightmare...bless my mother!

Ruth Done said...

I really don't want you to stress out over it. All kids go through some sort of phase, and that's all it is, a phase. It will end, I promise. At least you did something about. It drives me nuts when moms think their kids do nothing wrong. You handled it really well.

aubphotography said...

HA HA I love Bryton!!! I can totally see you when he came to you with that baby powder.

Lauren said...

SO Sorry Jobi! that is no fun. I think all boys go through stages like this. Just try to be patient and it will pass. Drew went through it too. Good luck! And yes, they may be stinkers, but they sure are adorable :)

dlhadlock said...

I wish I had advice but I have my own two year old. She started biting and my husband flicks her mouth and she hates. So she does not do it anymore. Love ya and good luck.

weasel said...

Man - I totally understand the terrible-ness of this age, O is such a brat!!! She doesn't bite, but she has a mouth on her...like she's a teenager! It really sucks, you are so lucky you didn't have two of them at the same time though. YOu should ask Koko how she got her daughter to stop biting...she is the one that left scares on O's arm, ha ha

Klarah said...

Hahahaha.... Thats funny!! Sorry I too had to laugh.. Well Jobi you are such an inspiration, I couldnt even handle taking my baby with me to YW!! Well if you get any advice that really works you should let me know!!:) My youngest is such a handful, my oldest never came this close to making me want to pull my hair out!!LOL!!

Jeana said...

i have no advice, auni is kicking my butt too. i think it must be a second child thing. they have such strong personalities, and they are little fighters when their older siblings weren't. auni is into EVERYTHING and she screams all the time lately. my sister had a biter and he was the same way as far as nothing working for him. sometimes i think even though it sucks you have to wait for them to grow out of it. good luck, pray for patience :)

Jon and Tasha Fam said...

ah I am SO sorry I swear the second child is the worst!!!!! He is sure cute tho!! I know that some people have put tabasco sauce in kids mouth everytime the bite.....Don't worry Mya bites too:( I hope you are ok besides the terrible two's we need to get together soon, I hope you get better soon;)

bphay said...

Sorry, Jobes. it comes with the territory! Both Ben and his son Connor were biters when they were about that age. However, looking back I can see that it was mostly cuz they couldn't communicate their feelings. Ben was to little to talk much and got his teeth very early. Connor has ADHD and Asperger's. Ben only bit a couple of times, but Connor would bite whenever he got too excited - like he culdn't express his anger, frustration, joy, etc, so he would bite someone. DON'T USE HOT SAUCE - Sara was turned in to CPS for using it on the girls when they had a potty mouth. Can you give him something else to bite on (blanket square, toy?)

Brad and Jana said...

My little ones have been biting each other too! Justice never was a biter! It is making me crazy too! And don't worry I have tried it all too! Your boys are so cute! I cannot get over it!

Feenows said...

Girl, just bring your kids over on Tuesdays! You know we got a lot of babysitters here, and it's football night, and the boys love it..so PLEASE! BRING THEM TO ME...don't hesitate k..Love you!