::withdrawls::

I love Facebook. I love keeping in touch with everyone, looking at pictures, being nosy, reading statuses, etc. However, I spend WAYYYYY TOO MUCH time on it. I've had the "promptings" to get off of it for awhile now, after General Conference I finally did! I need to spend my time more wisely on being a better parent, wife, cook, cleaner, etc. heck, maybe I can actually get a workout or two in! If I spend as much time as I did reading the scriptures or Conference talks as I did on FB..... I'd be doing REALLL good! Anyone that knows me knows this is REEEEEEALLY hard for me. I'm a "FB addict" haha. Some people are giving me crap for it, I tell em, "Sheesh, have a lil faith in me!" haha ;)

I'm jealous of those of you who can limit your time on it, who actually have a life. haha. I can't. If I'm given an inch...I take a mile!
(No wonder I've been updating my blog so much recently)

11 comments:

Rheanna said...

That is the biggest reason I can't get on facebook at all anymore! I get so involved in others lives that it's just not worth it-I don't need to be that sucked in to everyone else! :o) It's a hard thing to do, for sure! Good for you :o)

Kari Clark said...

Way to go!! After a while it will get so much easier, and then you won't even want to be on it anymore. Kudos to you for heeding the promptings. You go girl!

Liana Brown said...

Ugh I am addicted too!! And as addicted as I am, I hate it. I am pretty bored with it now... but I still check it WAY too often!! Maybe I will follow suit and get rid of mine... maybe. :)

Unknown said...

This is exactly why I had to delete mine. I can't limit it. I was too addicted. I was missing out on being a Mom, and being a Wife, and being a good housekeeper....I decided I had to dedicate my time to one fun thing. Blogging is what I chose, and Twitter. I am not nearly as addicted to Twitter though. I can walk away for days no problem.

Let's start a new trend woman!

Shari and Trent said...

Ha Ha! Sometimes I spend too much time on there too!

Jon and Julie Melton said...

I am soooooooo proud of you. I love you. You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, FB sucks you in. And, I have it on my phone and so I am like checking it 900 times a day. And really, let's be honest. Most of the time it is stupid anyway. But, I think that I could afford to chill out a little on FB too. I think I will take your lead. :) I could use a workout or two as well!

Kelli Proctor said...

I totally agree! I cant believe how stinkin addicting it is! I LOVE people so naturally constantly knowing how everyone is in their lives would be addicting! I also had the prompting to spend less time on it and it felt SO freeing not to mention I got tons done! Great job! I am right there with ya!!!!!

weasel said...

I'm sure you miss Facebook, but I'm enjoying the blog! lol - good luck w that, it's such a good idea...for me the new job is forcing me off it...so I'm not quit as addicted to it any more!~

Megan said...

Awesome Jobi. I think that takes a lot of self discipline. I am also a Facebook addict. But i'm not sure I can delete it. I am just trying to limit myself. I guess if that doesn't work I will have to delete it. I look forward to reading your blog more.

Brendan said...

I'm so proud of you. I can't be on it because it was causing serious issues with depression. I was comparing myself with others way too often, but now I'm sooo much happier with who I am. I figure people come into our lives for a reason and they leave for a reason. :)