A year ago today my Grandpa Melton passed away. I remember getting the phone call from my parents really early in the morning telling me the news, I cried for awhile, then I felt calm about it all and was happy he wasn't suffering anymore. He battled cancer. He had such a sweet spirit and aura about him. I'm sure my Grandma is missing her eternal companion. I'm his oldest grandkid! He's the father of 13 children and is greatly missed. We love you Grandpa and miss you so much!

My Dad and my Grandpa

Jett(his first great grankid) and him
12 comments:
I miss him, too. He was truly a wonderful man!
thank you for doing this. My contacts got ruined for the day but it was good
love you and thank you for paying tribute to my dad
Jobi, that is so hard, It is always comforting when you know you will be able to see him again. That is picture of your dad with him is awesome! He looks so different!
Hey Jobi, Isn't so comforting being a member of the church and knowing that you will be able to see your loved ones again after they pass away. That is so great you had such a good relationship with your Grandpa.
I LOVED your grandpa, my uncle. I loved visiting his house because your grandparents always made us feel so welcome. We just loved family reunions when we were growing up. He cared so much about his nieces and nephews, and he loved my mom, his sister. Your grandparents are very special.
Sorry about your Grandpa Jobi. Isn't it crazy how bitter sweet it is? You miss 'em terribly but know they are happy and in a better place. Just keep the memories alive!
I would LOVE to take pictures of your kids!! I need the practice and they are so cute. Just don't expect too much :) (from me as the photographer, not the kids being cute). We will be there in May so plan on it!
Check out your dad! (wink wink) I would be sooooooo sad if any of my granparents died (I still have 3), so I hear ya. Time flies though, I bet you just can't believe it has already been a year.
Hey Jobi,
Thanks for doing this. It is so neat to look at. I tried to write on Friday, but there was something in my eyes all day.
Joy
i just love you! thanks for being an awesome friend! i love my hair and miss your guts. text me next time you're at your parents and i will stop by!
I love that you did a tribute to your grandpa!! It made me all teary eyed, my grandpa passed away in Oct '01 and I miss him so much! I love our church and the things we believe, they are so comforting!!
I'm sorry you lost your grandfather. The day after that I lost my grandmother, so I know how you feel.
But its wonderful to know where they are going and that we will see them again some day, isn't it?
Hi Jobi! I enjoyed reading your tribute to your grandpa, who is my uncle. I loved him, too! He and Uncle Mickey always made me feel so welcome and loved. They are also the ones who, on my wedding day, threatened to break my husbands legs if he ever treated me wrong! So loving, in a freaky kind of way! :)
Post a Comment