We ended up driving through the night to make up for the lost hours of driving. Driving through Nebraska SUCKED! There was SOO MUCH black ice, car wrecks, scariness, etc. it was so tough, but we got through it. The next night we had the privelage of staying with my sweet cousin and his little family at their really cute house in Ohio, we got there at like 2AM, I felt so bad! They treated us REALLY WELL and we're SO grateful for the time we got to spend with them, we had alot of fun! THANKS ANDY, LAUREN, AVERY, AND ANDREW!
FINALLY it was the day we were arriving in Maryland! SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY HOURS OF DRIVING! It was kinda cool though cause Enoch had never seen the East Coast and it was BEAUTIFUL! We drove through Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania.. then we arrived in MARYLAND! My amazing friend McKenna and her husband had a yummy, nice dinner prepared for my family and opened their apartment to us BECAUSE OURS WASN'T READY FOR US!!!
The boys at the beginning of the road trip...
The boys by the end of the road trip...
The bridge over Mississippi River
The Mississippi River
EVERYTHING was so GREEN back East
Payson Ralls (We miss you!)
Jack Ralls
My sweet boys! (They kinda look-a-like in this picture)
They told us our apartment was ready for us to unpack our stuff the next morning.. only it wasn't furnished yet!! It's okay though cause the furniture came later that day and it was nice. When we were looking around the apartment.. we found out it was a HANDICAPPED APARTMENT!! Which would be fine BUT, Jett would turn the stove and oven on, we had to shower on our knees and Bryton and Jett would hang on the pipes below the sinks and hit their heads..
The short shower
The knobs that Jett would play with every second and he could potentially burn himself
The sink with no cupboard covering the pipes and NO GARBAGE DISPOSAL!
The front washer and dryer that me, the HUGE GIANT 9'7", doesn't like to bend over if I don't have to.
Yup, Jett broke the blinds the first day in the apartment.
The first day of work Enoch went out with his manager (Who is really good at what he does and was a way cool guy, Enoch really liked him) Enoch just followed him around and tried to get the hang of things the first day, he got home and pretty much FELL OVER! It was the HARDEST THING EVER! He was fatigued. He did not like it one bit! What they do is go door-to-door, walking, selling security systems. So it's cold sales. Doors slammed in faces, cussing, excuse after excuse.. Enoch thought it would be alright he could get in shape, he was a great missionary, loved tracting.. uh.. NOPE! HATED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! We didn't know what to do?? We felt really good about goin out there (Did we already have a decision made up about going out there or waws it really inspiration?), we drove that WHOLE WAY, we didn't want to just turn around. We prayed and prayed that for some answers, nothing was working out! We were told a few things about the transportation money to get there- never recieved it, the rent, the comission, etc. and when we got out there.. everything we heard or were told was different. Well the next morning Enoch went out knocking doors by himself. He hated it even more, I'm talkin 6-8 hours walking and selling. We figured out with the money that he would make wouldn't cover our bills over the summer, by the end it could, but we like to get the money upfront. He got home and recieved a phone call from one of his previous bosses back in Utah telling him that he was starting up a sales floor in a week and he wanted Enoch to come be a teamleader. Enoch was PUMPED! It was the type of sales that he had been doing for the passed 2 years, but this was a promotion. What were we supposed to do? Well we thought about it, prayed about it, did the pros and cons.. and we packed up and headed back to Utah the next day!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA We laughed at first but the drive home we were FAR FROM LAUGHING! Let's just say,"WE'LL NEVER, I REPEAT NEVER, DO THAT AGAIN!" Oh well ya live and ya learn.
Some funny names of gas stations to describe our adventure!
Well we're home now and it feels SO good! Enoch starts on Monday and we're really excited it'll be a great opportunity for him and it's been a goal of his for a long time! Thanks Dad for your help the whole "trip" you're the BEST and we should have listened to you in the beginning. ;)
31 comments:
Welcome home guys!! We missed you. Someday this will all be funny. Just not now. We love you and could not be happier to have Jett and Bryton back. (and you two of course)! Enoch... you are going to do great at your new job. Have a long rest and come see us soon! Love, Dad and Mom
Ohhhh Jobi, I am so glad you guys are back. What an adventure to go through. It was miserable not having you on the cyber highway though. Maybe it was meant to be at the time, then things changed and it was meant to be that you needed to come back. Either way you guys are home safe and sound.
Oh my gosh Jobi. I am sorry you guys had to go through all that. But am so glad to have you home. What a mess! Enoch will be glad to have a job he is comfortable with. I bet it is nice to be back in your own home! Love ya!
Wow, what an adventure. You must be so relieved to be back. Good luck, Enoch, on your new job.
Hey Lady.. Welcome home!! I am happy to hear that even after all that mess you guys are back safe and sound... And I am so glad that about his new job! That's fantastic.
What an adventure, too bad it didn't work out as planned. Your trip seems like a trip I had once before.. ugh.. but I didn't have two children with me. Poor thing.
WOW that was quite an adventure! Ammon and I did satellite summer sales the first summer that we were married and it was a big mistake. Just like you, the company didn't come through on ANYTHING that they promised! We would never do it again. Sounds like you guys made the best choice for your family.
Oh my gosh!! You guys are hilarious!! Oh well - atleast you got to see lots while doing it, right? I saw that you had commented to Andrew on facebook & I just saw the first part but it said you were back so i knew I had to jump on your blog to see what was going on. I bet you're so glad to be back and back in your own comfort zone.
Wow, Jobi, that's quite an adventure! Glad you made it home safely with a good job for Enoch to come home to. Like your mom said, someday it will be funny!
WOW!! Kudos to you and enoch for surviving! Isn't life so funny....at least after it happens. Your totally right, you live and learn!
I am so glad your home! You know matt and I almost did that last summer in virginia? We just decided a week before we went... That would be a miserable little adventure, I am sooo sorry. I am excited to hang out though! Good luck to enoch and his new job!
Wow Jobi, That sounds like some of the fun I have had. The only difference is it was my vacation. I do laugh now. Anyway, I'm glad you made it back safe.
I am SO glad to hear that Enoch will be working for Lawson. I was so worried about y'all driving out there and I am SO SORRY that you had to deal with all that crap. I can't even imgaine how hard it would be to drive across the country with 2 little boys. You are AMAZING! Love ya!!!
Ok so I never even knew you left but I am sure glad that you came back. And it's true we live and learn and just like your mom said someday it will be funny and you got to see a lot of cool things so anyways sorry you had such a "lovely" time but your back yay!
I'm glad you're back just so I can have my weekly Jobi updates. I think I would've died without you having a computer. I am glad that you guys got back and forth in safety. Enoch you'll do great since you know this is where you were supposed to be. Jobi I was reading Ryan this post and he was laughing his butt off when you were discribing the apartment.
Yeah!! I am so glad you are back! I am starting on Monday on Lawson's floor as well:)
oh my heck! that is quite the adventure! and one day will be so funny... maybe just not now! at least you saw some fun places while doing it! welcome home! and good luck to Enoch! things work in crazy ways! love ya
oh my gosh!!!!That's the worst!!! But it's not so bad for me!! I don't know what I would do if I couldn't blog stalk you!!! I had a client that worked for one of those security selling companies and he sold and sold and at the end of the summer the company "went under" and didn't pay him anything!!!! So at least you guys figured it out before too long!!! I'm SO glad you guys are back safe!!!
Holy crap.. you guys are so funny!! Your little boys are such troopers, I can't even imagine being stuck in a car for that long with my kid!! I laughed so hard when I saw the pictures of the gas stations.. I took pictures too, when my hubby and I went to South Dakota!! Isn't the Kum and Go the most disgusting name, it makes me laugh so hard.. we also saw a lot of 'Loaf & Jugs' which just sounds wrong too!! Well it sounds like you guys had quite the adventure, and that things worked out for the best!! I'm glad you guys drove all that way and stayed safe!! Cya!!
Oh yea, not like this isn't already long enough.. but Yeah going through the temple is the greatest!! I'm so glad we did it, even though the first time we went everything went totally over my head.. but that's why we keep on going back right!!
Hey! I'm ok, still hating life cuz I'm so freaking sick but whatever. I'm also struggling cuz I can't find any freaking maternity pants that are long enough!!! What is your inseam? mine is 36.where did you get yours? We saw matt and xela the other weekend, they're doing good. Xela's got the cutest little belly, she's a month further along than me (so like 18 or 19 weeks).Tim's business is going good!!! They had an awesome week this last week, so if they just keep going like they are we'll be just fine. That's exciting for Enoch!! I hope it goes well for him!!!
Oh nmy heck Jobi I am laughing the whole time I read that! I am only laughing because I would kill someone if that was me. I think only moms with little children will appreciate that story! Your kids were troopers! We know how hard it is for us to drive that long let alone them. Sometimes it makes no sense why crazy things have to happen to us, but than later we see why it was a blessing in disguise. Your boys are so cute! There eyes are amazing they are beautiful!!! They will be ladies men for sure! Thanks for all your cute comments on my blog~ I love you I think your hilarious! Glad your back home and I hope things work out well for Enoch with his new promotion!
Oh My Goodness Girl!
It will indeed be funny one day!
I'm glad you guys came back so I can read your lovely blog!
And good luck to your hubby on his new job!
I hope life is SMOOTH for a bit! After all, you DO deserve it after all that chaos!
HAHA!!!
xOxOxO
WOW JOBI!! So we did the whole security sales thing too! We went to Indianapolis, Indiana and it was a mess as well. We did end up staying the whole time and the money was worth it but it SUCKED!! My husband was gone until late at night and I was alone in this stupid apartment with no one! We ended up finding out we had BED BUGS in our bed and let me tell you it was the worst thing to deal with! Anyway, we had some fun times but it is something we will never do again. We also were told lies too and then you find out all this stuff once we got out there!!!! So if someone is reading this and thinking of going out selling something MAKE SURE YOU GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING BEFORE YOU GO OUT!! Looks like we both had to learn the hard way! Good to see you back though!
All I have to say is atleast you left when you did! Was Enoch able to get out of any contract he signed? The hard thing about those selling jobs is that for some people, it actually works out great and they make a ton of money. However, I would say 9 out of 10 people just hate it and don't do well. Clark luckily got out of his contract after 3 days of selling. He had the same feelings as Enoch had. He was miserable. He also felt that the other guys were really dishonest. Anyway, we have some bitterness for alarm selling. What's going on with Jason Lawson? I know he left Prosper but is he starting a competitor company? I'm sure it's good to be back. Way to go Jett and Bryton for the long road trip! :)
Welcome back! Okay so I know what you mean about getting an answer feeling good about something and then everything falling apart. I learned to keep moving forward which is exactly what you did. It always works out, and congrats on the promotion.
Love ya
Hey Jobi! That sounds like a little bit of Dejavu to me! We went to Indiana two summers ago. We were actually out there for a little over a month, but ended up coming home. That is the best decision you could have made for your family. Good Luck and Congrats on the new job for your husband!
Oh my goodness! That story was awful! I'm glad that you guys are back home and made it home safely. I just couldn't believe that story. I'm sorry. It did not sound fun at all!
hahaha We are glad you are back!! Ok We love ya!!
Hope enoch does well at his new job! Alot of people have gone there! Im glad your back!
I love that story!! Thank you for coming back! I don't think i could have been anything near a replacment for Jayni to lean on =)
You are crazy, the both of you! But I admire your guts to "Go For It!"
Post a Comment