"Gripes or Grattitude" tag-11.13.08

I was tagged with this cute tag and it's completely perfect for this time of year, Thanksgiving!! November is a good month to remember what we are grateful for soooo....find one thing that you gripe about and turn it into something you're grateful for.

I don't do hair a ton anymore, just when I feel like it. It's too hard with my boys and I don't need to work.. so why do it? ha ha
I gripe about doing hair pretty much EVERY time I have to do it. I gripe about not getting paid enough for the work I do and even sometimes people NOT paying me at the time I do their hair, when I paid for all of hair school($9,000) all by myself!! I gripe about having to go at least 35-40 mins to a Maly's (hair supply store) to buy the color or hair products. I gripe about my "stinkerpots" Jett and Bryton hanging on my legs while I'm doin hair. I gripe about how bad my back hurts and how dry my hands are after doing hair... I gripe ALOT! Well here's my list of thing about "doing hair" I am grateful for:

1-I'm grateful for the talent I've been blessed with and the passion I have for doing hair.
2-I'm grateful to make people feel better about themselves and beautifying them.
3-I'm grateful I have 2 hands and 10 fingers to dye, cut, style, weave, etc. to do hair.
4-I'm grateful I have a car to drive to Sandy or Orem to buy color or supplies.
5-I'm grateful for my family who helps me out when they can when I do hair, and letting me do hair most of the time in their house in some random spots ha ha.


The Lord has promised, "He who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious" (D&C 78:19). Gratitude is an uplifting, exalting attitude. People are generally happier when they have gratitude in their hearts. We cannot be bitter, resentful, or mean-spirited when we are grateful.
—True to the Faith (2004), 78–79


I TAG: My Melton Aunts(Jamie, Jodi, Joy, and Lori), Jayni, Amanda C, Grace and Loseli!!

20 comments:

Kara's Party Ideas said...

what a good idea! if you did my hair i'd thank you over and over again, pay you on the spot, pay you more than you wanted, & bring a nanny with me to watch your boys :) hehe!

Rheanna said...

I had no idea you do hair-I've always thought it's an amazing talent!

Kelli Proctor said...

I loved Danielle's post, and I love yours too! You are so cute! I always think your hair looks way cute in all your pics, so you defintely have a talent at doing hair! You are so awesome!

Leesa said...

AWW... That was a great post! I love the scripture and quote at the end... that gave me A LOT to think about!! Thanks for sharing that. We all need to be reminded from time to time to be more grateful because we are all truly BLESSED!!!!
Love, Lees

dlhadlock said...

that is so cute. I totally forgot you do hair.

Anonymous said...

I loved this post. Very good things to think about. I can't get over how cute your little boys are. You need to have more! :)

Joy :) said...

That was great Jobi. I second everything you said. And I KNOW Jamie does too. ONly I have to do hair, for way too little pay.

jodi kay said...

If I try hard enough, I can narrow it down to just one. Maybe! You do have an amazing talent. It's nice to see it through this perspective.

Tauaalo Family said...

Jobi,
thanks for the Tag! It was good to take some time and to think about why I'm grateful for my job! Thanks for always doing my hair and putting a smile on your face about it :)! Luv ya!
Oh PS I just tagged ya! :)

Des said...

Ok, I now fell rotten because I am one of those people that make you do my hair, sorry! You are just so good at it, I love being able to trust you. I promise I will always pay you on time and I will pay you big bucks! And if you want to tell me no, go for it! I will find someone else, I know you are super busy. Just know I love you to death and thank you for doing my hair all the times you have!!!!

Micalanne said...

Oh my heavens Jobi all I can say is AMEN to your gripe! Even though I've had my license for 19 years, I DO NOT do hair (except Bart and Cameron). I felt like such a slave, completely unappreciated and EXPECTED to do a persons hair right when they wanted it done with no consideration to my schedule.

Anyway, good for you for finding something to be grateful for with your gripe!

bphay said...

Jobi, this is such a good post. It should keep going around, and around. We need to be thankful all year, not just at T'giving. I know, we are, but we do need to be reminded. I wish you lived close to us so you could do my hair. I like by stylist, but she sometimes gets carried away and cuts where she shouldn't. "Oops, I guess I'll have to cut more!" It's such a blessing to have someone take care of your hair, it makes me feel so pampered. So. California is a big place. I'm sure you could find a place here, if you wanted to.

Heather said...

hey girl, nice post about the barbies!! you bit their feet off! :D lol i only styled the hair of one of my barbies, and i think she turned out lezbo cuz she ended up having 1 milimeter long hair. im doing good! life is good! arizona was a good movie for me.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I wish I lived by you because you certainly do have a talent for cutting hair. I have the same gripes as you for when I used to do hair. Here's a good one I used to get from guys - "I'll take you to dinner if you cut my hair." Sorry, I don't work for dates.

Ann said...

Erik always tells me i complain when i work to long and i am tired and I complain when i don't work enough cause i am bored. I totally understand, and i need to be grateful . If you ever need me to get you color, i live 1 min away from malys and i go all the time :)

Matt. Tara. Addi. Roslyn. said...

Ha that's a cute post. I am so the same way!! I always complain when I have to do families hair. But it really is a good talent to have. I love your blog; you have such a way cute fam!

carolineluvsulysses said...

Hey Jobi!!! remember me from snow!!! congrats on ur lil family! keep in touch

Jeana said...

oh you so sound like me when it comes to doing hair! i dread it most of the time. once i get going i'm fine and i enjoy it, but seriously. and i end up doing it in the most random of places as well, one day i'll have a salon in the basement for convinience purposes and maybe i'll enjoy it more then! :)

Colby & Amanda said...

Well I just want to tell you how grateful I am that you do my hair! I love that you have that talent :) but don't ever feel like you can't tell me no!