My new hobby??

I've wanted to start sewing for awhile now.. Enoch got me a sewing machine for a Valentine's Day/Anniversary gift :] I'm excited to start.. Where do I start? hahahaha

20 comments:

Melissa said...

Haha! Awesome girl! I know where you could start ... how about with those cute little naked boys behind you. :)

Kyle and Shanalee said...

you have such a beautiful pregnant glow!! Good luck with your sewing machine ..... I'm sure you could find an adorable baby girl summer dress pattern!!

Ann said...

I am so jealous! I love to sew but still don't have my own. Definitely start with something small like a cute baby blanket for your little girl!!

mckenna said...

Ha! Jason got me one for Christmas because I have been wanting to learn to sew too!! If you didn't live in China and I didn't live in frickin Antarctica then maybe we could learn together!!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love love lve sewing... Especially bedding... What are you going to make??? Ican't wait to see!

Lisa Johnson said...

Start with something simple like sewing cute ribbons onto some plain white burp rags. That way you have something cute for your new baby girl and you can't really mess up burp rags! :D

Kristi said...

That is fun!...yes, I would definitely start with a baby blanket for your little girl! But that is how I felt...where do I start?!!

jayni & ben said...

you start by making those boys some clothes or jett some underwear that is not bert and ernie. hahahaha. just kidding. We will sew this weekend... maybe :)

ohhhh and you are beautiful. gosh it is fun to have to really really cute beautiful sisters that always look good... NOT!!

jodi kay said...

You just need to learn how to work your machine first. I know it sounds kinda silly but that's what I'm doing now. Got the threading part down. Playing with stitches and stuff. Blankets sound pretty fun! Super cute picture! Love how the boys are hanging on ya!

Rheanna said...

Good luck! When Justin got me mine, I had no idea what to sew first, so I went with mending things---I'm sure that's why he got it :o). Then if I screwed up, it was only one line to pull out instead of a whole project! Have Fun!

Monica said...

Gavin bought me a sewing machine as a graduation gift and I love it (though I don't use as often as I should...). He loves that I can mend his clothes for him haha even though it takes me forever to finally sit down and actually get it done. :) I've been wanting to make something girly but I don't trust myself to make anything that isn't super simple haha

weasel said...

Wow - computerized and everything! My mom bought me a sewing machine a while back, I sold it - ha ha. She is coming this week...why do I need to learn when she is so good! Good luck to you, I am just not patient enough!

dlhadlock said...

Can we do it together? cause I have one to but I dont know how to you use it much anymore.

Andrea Migliaccio said...

I bet you will make the cutest stuff!
I'm excited to see what you come up with!
My sewing machine is still in the box from literally 6 years ago. Maybe you can inpsire me! :]
xOxOxO

Ruth Done said...

i'm so excited for you. you wanted one so badly. I have never seen two little boys so excited about a sewing machine!

Jon and Tasha Fam said...

THat is great!! it's is fun just keep it away from all the kids!!! Now you can make some cute stuff. let meknow if you want any help:)

Randi A. said...

How fun! I have a sewing machine, wish I used it, or knew how... haha! What ya gonna make first?

Cute, cute photo!

Joy :) said...

Who cares what you make, just start sewing something. It will feel great getting it done. And then you'll just want to do more and more. Girls are WAAAAYYYY better to sew for than boys.

Anonymous said...

I love sewing. I hope you have fun.

Adam & Alissa said...

I have the same machine that I got for Christmas and I just spent a fortune at the material store for Baby E and it looks really cute spread out on the nursery floor but I am terrified to begin! Maybe I should just pay someone to do it and then take the credit? If you figure it all out- teach me!!!!